-February 18, 1902, (London) Daily News
Quotes by and posts relating to one of the most influential authors of the 20th century, G.K. Chesterton
A blog dedicated to providing quotes by and posts relating to one of the most influential (and quotable!) authors of the twentieth century, G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936). If you do not know much about GKC, I suggest visiting the webpage of the American Chesterton Society as well as this wonderful Chesterton Facebook Page by a fellow Chestertonian
I also have created a list detailing examples of the influence of Chesterton if you are interested, that I work on from time to time.
(Moreover, for a list of short GKC quotes, I have created one here, citing the sources)
"...Stevenson had found that the secret of life lies in laughter and humility."
-Heretics (1905)
_____________________
I also have created a list detailing examples of the influence of Chesterton if you are interested, that I work on from time to time.
(Moreover, for a list of short GKC quotes, I have created one here, citing the sources)
"...Stevenson had found that the secret of life lies in laughter and humility."
-Heretics (1905)
_____________________
Saturday, September 19, 2026
Common-sense may, therefore, roughly be defined as the power of preserving our real impressions undistorted and intact. It might be thought that this was no very difficult task, and that most men would really describe and criticise this world of ours as they had really seen and felt it. There are, however, a thousand chronicles and experiences to prove that common-sense is anything but common. At the present day especially, hardly any man builds his opinions upon his own original sensibilities, and the one sane man who should do so would seem to us as fantastic as a lunatic. For language has in our time become so full and florid and fluid a thing that it can cover all contradictions and wash out all boundaries and bridge all abysses of inconsistency.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment